Welcome to www.muirfield.org.uk, the Website.
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms upon which you, the user, may use our Website. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our Website.
This Website is operated by The Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers Limited (we/us/our).
1.1 What you may use the Website for
You may only use our Website for lawful, non-commercial purposes.
The Members’ Area and information contained in the Member’s Area may only be used for club-related purposes. This expressly excludes passing the information to a third party for any reason or using the information for any business or commercial purposes including, without limitation, direct marketing.
Examples of club related purposes include arranging tee times, social club business, organising golf trips or tournaments with other members.
1.2 Prohibited uses
You may not use our Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to conduct any form of commercial activity without our express permission;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention of the provisions of our Rules of Website Use.
- Not to disclose to any other person your user name and password. Passwords should be changed immediately if you believe or suspect that your account has been compromised. You should contact us as soon as possible if you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user name or password.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored; or
- any software used in the provision of our Website.
We exclude liability to the furthest extent permitted by law for any action taken by users of this Website which are in contravention of this Acceptable Use Policy.
Nothing in this Acceptable Use Policy excludes or limits any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by Scottish law.
1.3 Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our Website. Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy may result in the immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website with or without notice and in certain cases us taking legal action/disclosing personal information to law enforcement authorities as we feel is necessary.
1.4 Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. Your continued use of this Website after any such revision constitutes your acceptance of any new Acceptable Use Policy. We recommend that you check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
1.5 How to Report Something
If you come across anything on our Website that does not seem to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy, please contact us.
1.6 Governing Law
This Acceptable Use Policy and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scottish law.
The courts of Scotland will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to our Website.
Thank you for visiting our Website. The Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers Limited are registered in Scotland with company number SC243324 and have our registered office at Saltire Court, 20 Castle Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2EN.